What I Learned from Tom Bilyeu.
Never underestimate drive.
Hello again, Squad.
The Really Rich Journal
brought to you by:
The Weekly Tone
Whoosh, and we're back from LA.
Thanks to my wonderful team (shoutout to JG and Wil), I been able to rush the lessons and insights from my meeting with Tom Bilyeu out the door to you, dear reader, in record time.
So, have you ever wondered what it takes to be a billionaire?
I recently had the pleasure to interview Tom Bilyeu, founder and CEO of Quest Nutrition and host of the Impact Theory Podcast, on my podcast. Tom is a self-made really rich guy (both in spirit and bank account) who has made his money by building things that have changed people’s lives.
In the interview, Tom shared his story and the lessons he has learned on his journey to becoming, well, again, really rich.
Here are some of the key insights he shared:
1. Make a big impact. Tom’s mindset is to go big or go home. He believes that if you want to be successful, you need to think big and have an audacious goal. He's proving this by developing virtual worlds for his video game, Project Kaizen, which costs millions of dollars to create.
2. Use stories. Storytelling makes a lasting impact. When you can, always weave your message into a story.
3. Play your own game. Tom wanted to get into film from a young age. But instead of relying on someone else's opinion in Hollywood he spent 15 years building Quest, gathered the resources, and built his own stage.
4. Surround yourself with smart people. This was clear the moment I walked in the door; the first floor of his home is an office. Tom believes that creating a team of smart people around you is essential to success.
5. Believe in yourself and push hard. Finally, Tom believes that believing in yourself and never giving up are essential traits for success. In fact, his own father-in-law turned him down when he initially asked Lisa (his now wife) to marry him!
If you want to hear more of what he had to say, make sure to check out the episode.
This week, I'm taking meetings in Miami, Fl.
Rich: Pick a lane.
Really Rich: Explore.
This Week On The Really Rich Podcast
In episode 20 of The Really Rich Podcast, I have a conversation with Tom Bilyeu, the Founder, CEO, and a renowned figure in the podcasting world, known for his popular show, Impact Theory. After the successful billion-dollar exit from Quest, Tom embarked on a new venture called he called Impact Theory the very next day. This company aims to provide listeners with impactful financial and lifestyle resources on a large scale, empowering them with a positive mindset. Tune in to hear Tom's insights on his journey with Quest, his thoughts on cyborgs, and his experiences in video game design.
🤝 How I can help you:
The Entrepreneur’s Field Guide (Book) - learn the rules for entrepreneurship and how to blaze your own path.
The Guided Journey (Course) - I’ll be your personal guide on your path to success in my comprehensive digital lecture course
The Really Rich Podcast (Free) - a weekly deep dive into business, finance, and wealth mindset.